This recipe for Spicy Parmesan Zucchini comes from my dear friend, Kathy. She is such a doll! When I found out about this recipe round up, I sent her a rather panicked email saying, “HELP! ORIGINAL RECIPES NEEDED QUICK!” in the subject line. In the email, I explained how this recipe round up was to work and that I had everything BUT the side dish and an entree. She replied, and said that she just so happened to be making Pork Tenderloin with Cranberry Stuffing and Spicy Parmesan Zucchini for dinner that night and that she would be happy to grab a couple photos and share them! Bless her heart! She is always there when I need her! YAY, KATHY! So yes, this is her recipe and from what I understand, it is KILLER! She says that Spicy Parmesan Zucchini is filled with flavor and has a nice kick from the red pepper flakes. It is very quick and easy for the person who needs a side dish in a hurry — making it a perfect Thanksgiving side for the busy cook. It takes just 15 minutes from preparation to the plate. Fast, easy and very tasty. So give it a whirl. You will be glad you did!
- 1 medium size zucchini, washed and dried
- ½ T red pepper flakes
- ½ T dried basil
- 1 T olive oil
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350*F.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise into quarter inch slices.
- Lay side by side on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Coat each slice with olive oil.
- Distribute the basil, red pepper flakes, and Parmesan evenly over the zucchini quarters.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your zucchini.
This recipe is part of the 7 Days of Homemade Thanksgiving Recipes with the Homestead Blogger’s Network.
See all the yummy-in-your-tummy side dish recipes below and follow Homestead Blogger’s Network to see ALL the amazing recipes!